View Single Post

Old 09-17-2017, 11:02 PM
US Veteran

Liked 1,549 Times in 556 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilDog72 View Post
This turned out to be an interesting thread... for me. As a former LTC instructor, seems like a long time ago, stopping the threat was what I preached... after front sight, center mass. When it comes down to it, I for one, believe you will know. If in doubt, do not pull it out. If you pull it... you need to be willing to use it. If you use it...call 911 and ask for police and an ambulance stating name, location and there has been a shooting. Reload, make certain no other threats are in evidence.. holster the weapon when police arrive. Do not volunteer any info... tell the officer what happened in as short an explanation as you can... then inform him you really are shook up and want to speak to your attorney.
The law and how it is interpreted is secondary to self preservation and the protection of your loved ones. Survive.
As one of our members, Keith44SPL, has put out there... bring enough gun....survive.
There is an old but relevant axiom out there, " I would rather be tried by 12 than convicted by 1".
The cops and DA will smell subterfuge.... tell the truth... you never have to remember the truth.
And one more thing... if a perp threatens me or mine, he and he alone, is responsible for the out come.
Bullseye!!!
The Following User Likes This Post: