View Single Post

Old 09-18-2017, 11:56 AM
US Veteran

Liked 2,255 Times in 505 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by one eye joe View Post
THAT REVOLVER IS A LITTLE JEWEL. UNLESS I'M MISSING SOMETHING, OR YOU CLEANED/OILED IT, THE FINISH LOOKS GREAT, FOR A GUN THAT HAS BEEN SITTING IN A HOLSTER, FOR ALL THOSE YEARS.......
I spent the better part of half a day loving on the old gun, digging for the walnut grips and getting it back up, my grandfathers always oiled there work boots back in the day I kept that holster well oiled back then and it is still soft as calf skin today

another story that involves this gun might be the reason mama put the gun away when she got the chance,

I have a first cousin who had his on SAA clone at the time we were about 15 and outside practicing our quick draw and shooting prowess.

he was quick drawing when he let the hammer slip on the rise and shot himself in the thigh, ( we were practicing with 22 shorts).

after much hopping around and saying things we would never repeat in Sunday school, we went into the house and asked granddaddy if we could borrow his knife ( it was always razor sharp)

and as granddaddy always told it we were white as ghost, so after we went around the corner he followed us and found that we were about to do field surgery to remove the bullet that felt like it was just under the skin.

he stopped the impromptu surgery and took my cousin to the clinic where they got the bullet out.

its a wonder that my cousin and I ever survived we are both carrying scars from when we were together growing up, and most of the things that caused those scars ended up with our backsides being heated up as well

glad to say we are both still alive and doing as good as men our age usually are
The Following 3 Users Like Post: