View Single Post

Old 09-18-2017, 02:45 PM

Liked 172 Times in 84 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by two-bit cowboy View Post
Thanks for posting that shooter1911.

I usually carry OWB at 4 o'clock. This summer, too hot for my usual vest, I decided to give pocket carry a go. I picked up an inexpensive Blackhawk to test the concept. It has worked okay, but if I continue to pocket carry I'm going to get a horsehide, as recommended by so many here.

The AHolster is interesting, but I must say the guy lost a bit of credibility with me when he said he doesn't recommend using a rubber grip, but that's what he used to show off his holster. Use what you recommend when you're promoting something! He also said he doesn't recommend a gun with an exposed hammer, but.... Just me.

Bob
Hey Bob, it's interesting you caught the bit about the rubber holster because that's the exact holster I pocket carry on my 340PD. I have tried nice Spegel wood grips, but with my hand configuration, and the kick of an 11.4oz jframe, I have found the Hogue Bantam to be the ideal grip for me.

Like I said, I'm not a kydex fan, but due to the light weight and very thin profile of this holster, it has been good for me so far.