Thread: Home sweat home
View Single Post

Old 09-20-2017, 07:56 AM

Liked 9,407 Times in 4,218 Posts

The simplest way to handle payment would be to send your British friend some cash via PayPal prior to his trip. My brother lives in the Fairfax area and can probably get me the names of some shops, so perhaps I can help out there. This should not be an expensive or hard to find part. When is your friend going to be traveling to the US?

I'm rather fond of my 686, so I'm sure you I'll find it worth your time and effort to get your 586 "up and running." BTW, in the first post you mention "amos." Did you mean "ammo" (ammunition?) If this is your question, my advice is to find the least expensive 38 Special ammo with either lead wadcutter or semi-wadcutter bullets for practice, training and casual range time, then a good grade of jacketed hollow points for home defense, etc. Here in the US I'm blessed with the abundant availability of reloading supplies and equipment, so I just load what I want. In my experience, 38/357 is one of the easiest cartridges to reload. Is this a possibility for you in France as well?

International regards,
Froggie