View Single Post

Old 09-20-2017, 08:39 PM
US Veteran

Liked 542 Times in 218 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyDuty Ken View Post
Well, the Ahrends grips may be going back to Brownells - the fit isn't great and the shape is not working for my hand. I'll throw a set of rubber Hogues on there for now while I decide what to do - the idea of a set of fancy wood grips is appealing. Maybe wood Hogues are the answer, i think they're the same contour as the rubber ones.

I also ordered a Bowen plain black target blade Rough Country rear and installed the stainless finish sideplate and crane screws and thumbpiece. I'm probably going to order a lock plug, too. A Lobo Enhanced Pancake is on the way, too.

Things are starting to come together!
Sorry to hear about your experience with the Ahrends. I have found them to fit my hand like no other grip in any caliber/cartridge and improves recoil for me. However, all hands are different, and I am not recoil sensitive (I have small/medium hands). Sounds like those Hogues did it for you; I do like them particularly for autos. I think we have a little Model 69 club growing here, just got mine last week like you and Mcorps. I have no dies or even brass yet for reloading; haven't had a .44 since '87! All I can easily find in a box around here is Hornady's 225 grain in special and 240 in magnum and should be getting them to the range soon. We'll see how my Ahrends do then.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0112.jpg (89.6 KB, 132 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0213.jpg (96.7 KB, 121 views)

Last edited by M2MikeGolf; 09-21-2017 at 12:16 PM.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: