View Single Post

Old 09-23-2017, 01:43 PM

Liked 1,426 Times in 567 Posts

Quote:
IMHO there is NO ONE LUBRICANT good for ALL firearms as they all require different lubes. Caliber, design, weather, field conditions, etc all play a role in what lubricant you use.
Understood; I am in South Louisiana and have a lot of semiauto pistols. Mostly 9mm DA/SA, all metal framed, probably a 50/50 mix of steel and aluminum frames. I don't anticipate freezing, certainly not subzero conditions. I keep the majority of these guns indoors at all times.

I have a grease I'm satisfied with (the Mobil 1 I mentioned). i'm actually very satisfied with the Ballistol I use, but I was able to get a gallon of this oil for $30.

Regarding the Ballistol MSDS, it looks like it just lists mineral oil and propellants.

Here's what the site says...
Quote:
Our Lubriplate FMO-350 AW Food Grade hydraulic oils are formulated specifically hydraulic systems operating in the food service industry. These premium white oil based lubricants are fortified with oxidation inhibitors, corrosion inhibitors, and anti-wear additives to deliver superior lubrication qualities and extended life.

Additional Features Include:

· NSF Registered

· Meet all USDA 1998 (HI) guidelines

· Kosher/Halal certified and CFIA accepted

· Developed in an ISO 21469 certified facility.

Details

ISO Grade: 68

Viscosity:

@ 40°C, cSt 68.4

@ 100°C, cSt 8.75

Viscosity Index 101

Specific Gravity .871

Pour Point °F (°C) -6 (-20)

Flash Point °F (°C) 445 (233)