View Single Post

Old 09-23-2017, 03:37 PM
US Veteran

Liked 2,548 Times in 653 Posts

A few months ago I researched all the offerings I could find. I downloaded, printed out, and carefully read the terms and conditions of each offer. I was amazed at the loopholes that let them deny coverage for a variety of reasons. Here is an example. Let's say you have to shoot someone. You get charged with homicide. You lose the case. You have one of the policies. They all say that they will not defend if the insured is convicted of a crime. Therefore they will not pay for an appeal. They also have the right to seek reimbursement of trial costs because when you were convicted it proved your action was criminal and they do not cover criminal behavior.

There are more things like you cannot sue them for failure of coverage until they have met all their obligations under the policy. Well you would want to sue them because of a failed to meet their obligation, and you cannot because they have not exhausted their fulfillment obligation.

The I found CCW Safe. It is not an insurance policy offered and administered by insurance companies. It is a business association and there is no policy. There is a simple contract, and it has none of the loopholes the insurance companies build into their policies.

If you are going to buy into caovege I urge you to scrutinize the fine print of the agreement you be signing off on. If you can afford to get the advice of a lawyer have one review the details and advise you of the pitfalls.

For the record, I am not connected to CCW Safe in any way including having bought coverage from them. Afte r doing another statistical review I found that the likelihood of being prosecuted criminally for a shooting if you act within the law is so low that it is not worth insuring against.

If I got sued in civil court and lost the winner would be in poor shape because I was able to make myself legal damages proof. After my wife died in June of 2016 I transferred all of out assets to mu two adult children. I only onwards the clothes in mu closet and food in my pantry. My social security and military retirement pay are bullet proof ina civil action. But is I had any real exposure, I would buy CCW Safe.
The Following User Likes This Post: