View Single Post

Old 09-24-2017, 02:42 PM

Liked 8 Times in 4 Posts

ser # 3424-shipped december 23rd 2014 to rem-umc. everything re-blued except lock pins, hammer and trigger.

bbl ser # 10001, with "45 COLT" stamped on right side. all caps, no dots or periods. the usual patent lines on top. there are no signs of caliber stampings on left side, or removal of same. front sight blade has been regulated for 100 yds [?meters?] with OEM 45LC pressures. birmingham-london crown over "V" proofs on bbl, and in line with threaded bbl frame boss proof mark, so new bbl was attached "over there". bbl length is 6 7/16". rifling is excellent. with standard pressure reloads and my old eyes from a rest, shoots about 2" @ 50 feet. but way high from point of aim.

cylinder has been turned on inside of rear face with original cylinder length left on outside edge, raised ring is about 1/16" wide. cyl O.D. is 1.70", length is 1.596". all cyl flutes have crown over V proofs in bottom. cyl bore I.D.all have ghost "second ring" traces well before the end of an exceptionally smooth (re?)reamer finish. have seen famous gunsmith cyl conversions that look like the inside of a corrugated culvert in comparison. about 250-125 in machinist measurements, very well executed job.

trigger has had an over travel stop block silver soldered to the rear. fitted to VERY CLOSE to touching trigger guard when hammer falls. a piece of paper folded over twice [= 4 sheets/ .016"] drags to pull out when cocked.

lower grip frame appears to have lanyard bore filled in, and serial # sanded off. grip panels are identical to my mdl 1926 in configuration, but no S&W logo, or checkering. as a first time exposure to this for me, nearly undetectable square blocks are inlaid on both panels over grip screw, or where same should be. (?)

not your usual veteran....

netex

Last edited by netex; 09-24-2017 at 03:09 PM.
The Following User Likes This Post: