View Single Post

Old 09-25-2017, 02:10 PM

Liked 3,903 Times in 1,519 Posts

I am a person who uses and likes Crimson Trace Laser Grips and Laser guard sights. Every gun I own that is used for personal protection, whether for EDC, home protection, or vehicle carry, has one of these sights installed. These devices do NOT replace my gun sights. They do not come into play when I have enough light to see my sights. But they are a very useful accessory any time there is low light or no light present. Each of these sights is activated with the middle finger of my shooting hand, the one that fits immediately underneath the rear of the trigger guard and against the grip of the gun. I have learned to control whether or not the laser is activated by the use of more or less pressure on the grip with that finger. Basically all I use these lasers for is to absolutely confirm where I am aiming in poor light conditions. I can also aim the guns well if I should happen to be in a position where I cannot take my customary stance or firing position. And the laser is also useful when dry firing since it can be seen and one can tell how well he or she is handling their trigger press while maintaining the sights in the correct position throughout the the act of firing the gun.

These devices do not interfere with my grip or my ability to fire my guns in the normal way I do that. The LaserGuard sights do require some accomodation for the holsters in which those guns fitted with them are carried since these sights add some bulk underneath and in front of the trigger guard and barrel. I have found very satisfactory holsters to accomodate these Laserguard mounted guns. No changes were required for my holsters for revolvers.

I have had very excellent experience with Crimson Trace Products and have received very good service from the Company. I have had no need for any repairs to any of my several CT Laser sights, and the Company has provided free batteries for my sights since they began to offer that service. I see no negative consequences for having them mounted and I do see several very positive benefits.

These are my personal thoughts and choices. You must make your own. Remember that these devices do NOT replace my gun sights and they are little or never used when I can see my gun sights well. But they are a great comfort and benefit when I cannot see those same gunsights well. You will have to decide for yourself if having these laser sights are of any benefit to you. I have simply related my own experience and reasons for having and using them in addition to the fact that they have stood the test of EDC and use for a very long period of time.

Edit: These sights do not take the place of a good hand held flashlight. I do not use them to identify targets if that is necessary.
I use them specifically to be able to properly and carefully aim my weapon when I cannot see my gunsights well.

Last edited by kthom; 09-25-2017 at 02:13 PM.