View Single Post

Old 09-26-2017, 11:40 AM

Liked 241 Times in 116 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smakmauz View Post
regarding the apex action enhancement trigger, depends on the gun and which sear is in it and how well the trigger bar is adjusted. it sounds like you have the old sear and all the old components that have since been updated.

I would really recommend you get the apex sear and look into how to adjust the trigger bar loop. basically if you adjust the trigger bar loop to a more closed position it will decrease the trigger over travel and this will make your trigger press feel less and less mushy in the back end.

Also, in regards to reset... you need to get the new trigger bar version known as the "S" trigger bar and get the new version of the slide stop lever. these two peices will make your reset much more prominent. you should be able to get them direct from smith...they may even just give them to you.

I don't have any experience with the apex RAM but I do know you have to have the proper sear block for it to work with. you have to have the block with the spot for the trigger lock in it.
I have an older M&P with early Apex sear parts. Same mushy feel as you are explaining.

At one time it bothered me but I really don't feel it while shooting the gun, just feel it during dry fire. In fact I forgot all about it until you posted here.