View Single Post

Old 09-27-2017, 02:25 AM

Liked 70 Times in 37 Posts

I`ll add my thoughts to the pot... for what its worth...

I have the standard shield 45 and a PC shield 45. I bought the standard first, did a trigger job on it, now has a better trigger than my PC shield 45. This weekend, i`ll be doing a trigger job on the PC 45. I was hopeing S&W would have done a little better job on the PC 45 trigger, but they missed the boat on that one. No worries, i`ll fix it because the gun has already proved its worthyness to me.

As for shooting the shield 45`s, i`ve YET to come across i nicer more accurate pistol than these two shield 45`s for their size. Just plain simply amazing...!!! The recoil is VERY manageable. I found it to be leaps and bounds smoother than the XDS 45. That Springfield XDs 45 really bites your hand hard, and the XDs trigger`s were horrible.

Neither shield 45 i own, have yet to have an issue, feeding, or ejecting. BUT, i did have an issue with the recoil spring assembly. But thats all been taken care of... i built my own RSA and it solved that problem.

Both guns, the sights were not to bad out of the box. During testing, both were POA/POI. That makes me very happy.

I`ve got the older mags (10 of them), not had any issues with them so far. The PC 45 came with the updated followers. Not had one issue with those either.

As for a carry concealed... you`ll want a t-shirt between you and the grip. The texture is very rough on the skin. As for the feel of the texture while in your hand, i wont lie, it worried me at first when i was handling them at my LGS, but after shooting the gun(s), i dont want a gun without that texture...! It stays planted no matter how fast you shoot the gun. I was kind of surprised that it didnt bother my hand with such a rough texture.

Over this past weekend, my wife an i put over several 100rds down range with these shield 45`s. When we were done shooting at the range (because it was getting dark out), it left us both with wanting to shoot some more, but ya gotta go home sometime...lol. We did run couple 100rds of our reloads thru the shields, one word, FLAWLESS. Not even close to a hiccup with either gun with reloads. They are very lite reloads, and i expected issues, and not a hiccup, not one.

Anyways, if your looking for a really nice small sized 45, dont sell the shield 45 short until you`ve tried it. Its an amazing gun. Cant beat them either for what they cost. I got both of mine just before the $75 dollar rebate ended.

Anyways folks, thats my rant, and i`m stick`n to it. LOVE`N the shield 45`s. I cant remember the last time i bought a gun that made me this happy right out of the box.

Shoot, and shoot alot... be safe guys.
The Following 3 Users Like Post: