View Single Post

Old 09-28-2017, 07:26 AM
SWCA Member

Liked 15,553 Times in 3,100 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralem View Post
Young guy with a family working hard and loving old guns, but has his priorities straight. I will be a good steward of the gun.

Serial number puts it at just outside of the first 1000 guns. Not sure how many were produced in the first year but if it is not part of the first batch from 1964 it is definitely from early 1965. Barrel and cylinders look pristine as if it were shot very little. All of ,my reservations about the gun have been put to rest regarding its appearance. It would be cool to restore the old gun but I am going to leave it alone and enjoy it just as it is. I will however letter it to see if the LDC part of the story can be verified. Thanks for the encouragement to get this old gun.......
I am glad that you ended up with it. If you get your letter request out in the mail this week, you should have a historical letter back within 2-3 weeks. If you look around some, you may be able to locate some diamond PC magnas that are correct for the gun. Heck, if you are really lucky, you might end up with #'s matching stocks

So, when can we expect a range report?