View Single Post

Old 09-29-2017, 04:11 PM

Liked 17,295 Times in 6,647 Posts
Default Visit to a new gun shop

I had some time between appointments at two different clients, so I stopped in at a new gun store along the way.

Interesting shop. It's a side business for the owner, who also runs an auto repair shop. The gun shop part is off the garage floor.

I went in to browse around and as always, look to see if there were any interesting 3rd Gens in the case.

While chatting with the owner, he asked if there was anything in particular I liked. I told him I'm fond of S&W 3rd Gens, and he said he gets them in from time to time.

He went to describe them as the "Doormat of S&W." Only now are people starting to recognize how well made and reliable they are. He said that for a long time that prices were really cheap, but they are gaining in popularity and people aren't trading them in or selling them like they used.

I was impressed that he was so positive about the guns, so I'll stop in from time to time to say hello.

I forgot to ask about transfer costs, but will the next time.

I did buy a box of .38spcl range fodder for pulling him from the shop floor for 20 minutes to chat with a tire kicker.

Gary