Thread: concealed carry
View Single Post

Old 10-02-2017, 10:00 PM

Liked 700 Times in 392 Posts

In the ideal world, I would use an OWB holster, but it takes a thigh-length coat to conceal reliably. The next best thing for comfort and accessibility is an IWB holster, which can be concealed under practically any length jacket, sweater or vest. Use a little discretion when reaching something on the top shelf or floor, and you're golden.

I have tried tuckable holsters, but you have to blouse the shirt for concealment. The biggest problem is accessibility, getting the shirttail out of the way. That's true even with elastic holsters that fit under the short.

My choice, if I have to take my jacket off, is a pocket holster with a smaller handgun, like a Springfield XDs or XDm2 Compact in .45 ACP. It's actually easier to reach than a belt holster at 4:30 while driving. If I'm wearing a jacket, I make sure it is outside the seat belt on that side, otherwise it gets in the way. You slacks have to be a little loose with man-sized pockets (your hand fits in over your wrist watch). That's easy enough to check without alarming the other customers.

Last edited by Neumann; 10-02-2017 at 10:02 PM.