View Single Post

Old 10-05-2017, 01:49 PM

Liked 241 Times in 116 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FhvnEd View Post
Hello All. I'm having a problem with S&W repair service. The slide on my M&P 9mm won't lock open after the final round has been fired. It's been sent back twice for the same problem and both times, they keep it for a month and send it back with the repair tech's notation "Can't duplicate customer complaint." Customer service tells me they fired 5 magazines on the range and never had a failure. I fire it and it fails every time. Regardless of brand of ammo or grain. I'm not sure what they are firing through it for testing, but it's now a 'I said/they said' issue that I can't get resolved.

I have a video shot yesterday at the range where the problem is evident. I've sent them the link, but don't know if they've even bothered looking at it.

Any suggestions on how to deal with these folks would be appreciated.
Suggestion-- go buy a box of Nato 9mm or some +p ammo then put one of those in the mag before loading with your regular ammo. (that will put a very strong round as last round fired before last round lock-up)

If it STILL won't lock back on last round & you are darn (positive) sure that you are not contacting the slide stop with your hand or finger then you have an issue that S&W needs to address.
The Following 3 Users Like Post: