View Single Post

Old 10-05-2017, 03:59 PM
SWCA Member
Absent Comrade

Liked 27,996 Times in 8,452 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPac View Post
It's a novelty, but still, nothing illegal and you didn't hear anything about them until the incident. I have no use for one, but I will not lie down while others lose their right to. Not everyone can afford the real deal, and devices like this give average folks the opportunity to experience "auto like" fire.

I'm amazed to see how many are willing to sell out their brethren just because this issue doesn't affect or pertain to them.....
At the risk of being the skunk at the garden party, I’m going to offer a completely different perspective on this argument.

It appears to me that actually abiding with the law isn’t all that popular with some of the people who like to blather a lot about the gun rights of “law-abiding citizens”.

Devices like the Bump stock/slide fire or the old hellfire trigger have been quite clearly designed to circumvent and undermine the law by giving the user near-full auto capability without technically being full auto.

If you don‘t like the law, work to change it. If you don‘t want to do that, work within the law and go Class III if you just have to have full auto.

I’ll never support banning anything, but I find the suggestion that the 2nd Amendment creates some sort of moral obligation to actively defend the “right” of some fringe element to give the law the finger quite ridiculous. These aren’t my “brethren” either.
The Following 3 Users Like Post: