View Single Post

Old 10-05-2017, 04:42 PM

Liked 17,200 Times in 7,303 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by richardw View Post
Sounds like a good decision to me.

Four years ago a neighbors pit bull bit me. It was a mean dog and neighbors complained to the township to make the dog owner control his dog by leash or containment.

On day while walking by the property I saw the dog approaching unleashed and alone. I stopped for Saco day the. Began to walk again. The dog charged, jumped and latched onto my left forearm. I dropped to my knees and followed my earlier training. Stop, drop, freeze the arm, look the dog in the eyes, and then punch it in the nose with all the night you can muster. Freezing makes the dog feel in control so it does not thrash about and tear your arm up. Eye contact is disconcering to the dog because it expects you to be terrified. Punching the nose inflicts pain and can get the dog to release. It also elongates the puncture wounds.

The dog did not release and I shot it with my 9mm. It’s owner came rushing out of the house berating me. A neighbor who was a nurse came out with clean towels to wrap my arm. Someone called the police who did a fast on scene evaluation. The dog owner wanted me arrested for killing his dog. The police cited him for failing to control a an aggressive by leash or confinement. He pressed charges against me. The judge made him,pay my medical expanses and fined him $100 for failure to abide by ordinances and losing control of a dangerous animal. Justice done.
I don't understand people like this. What is their mental block about leashes and fences? How hard is it to have a breed appropriate leash? If you feel that the dog should walk around freely and get exercise then have a breed appropriate fence! Why is that hard to comprehend? I LOVE dogs! I have one, I can't see my life without a dog in it, but that doesn't mean he likes every single person there is (although this dog is afraid of grass growing!). Still, outside he's on a leash no matter what because I don't have a fence.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
The Following User Likes This Post: