Thread: Victory anyone
View Single Post

Old 10-05-2017, 09:12 PM

Liked 871 Times in 487 Posts

There has been some very good comments already posted on this thread. First, I do own the Victory, standard not threaded model, and I have owned many Rugers, and have owned one Browning Buckmark.

The first thing to be aware of is that the Victory is less expensive than the other two manufacturer's pistols. I think that the Victory's trigger pull is better than Ruger but probably not quite as good as the Browning, but yet the Victory's trigger pull is quite nice.

The Victory's sights are fully adjustable fiber optic green dot and are very bright. Some may feel that they are too bright, but my 70+ year old eyes kind of like them. A rail is also provided to attach optics in place of the standard sights.

Stainless steel frame and barrel is standard on the Victory and the ease of take down makes it a very easy pistol to maintain.

There might be a little more plastic on the Victory than I would like to see, such as the extractor spring plunger as well as the firing pin spring plunger, but plastic keeps the price down and can be very durable.

Being able to remove the barrel from the receiver by simply removing one screw makes it possible for after market companies to easily provide interchangeable barrels.

The shape of the polymer grip frame fits my hand well, and the standard grips provided are quite nice. The stainless steel upper frame, slide, receiver, and bull barrel provides ample weight for target shooting.

I have so far put around 500 rounds through my Victory and it's function has been flawless. The safety and slide release levers work smoothly and the magazine release button is conveniently placed and magazine ejects with authority.

You might get the impression from my comments that I really like the Victory, and that would be the correct impression.

You really can't go wrong by selecting a pistol from any one of the three manufacturers.
The Following 3 Users Like Post: