Thread: Victory anyone
View Single Post

Old 10-05-2017, 09:47 PM

Liked 9,019 Times in 3,193 Posts

Funny this thread was posted today. I just bought a Victory today at Academy in Lafayette, LA this afternoon and went immediately to the range with it. First of all, I happen to like the looks and especially the feel of it in my hand and actually chose it over the Browning Buckmark, which was selling at the same price at the store. The Browning didn't feel quite as nice in hand and I rather the hi-vis sights on the S&W as they are much easier for my old eyes to pick up on.

The range was a mixed bag. The gun felt real good in hand and was easy to hold on target. It was also accurate and easy to shoot tight groups with. But I was having extremely bad extraction problems. I was having stovepipes and jams galore. After shooting around 100 rounds or so and the jamming and extraction problems getting steadily worse, I put it away and continued my range session with my 3 1/2" and 5" model 27's that I had also brought out to the range.

I just got finished cleaning it and didn't find anything unusual, except that the chamber was pretty gritty and sticky feeling if you tried pushing a bullet into it before cleaning. After cleaning, the same bullet just drops into the chamber with no resistance. So I will be making another trip to test it again real soon to see if it was just sticky and dirty from the factory or if it will need a trip back to the mothership to get it running right.

As for cleaning it, it is easy to break down and clean. The ammo I was shooting is some Remington Golden Bullets that are a good lot of bullets and shoot well out of my wife's 1911-22 Sig Sauer, which can be picky on what it digests. When I go back to the range, I will bring a few different brands of ammo I have on hand to see if it just doesn't like the Remington ammo. I don't think that is the problem, however.

BTW, this is the first S&W bottom feeder I've owned. The rest of my Smiths are wheelguns.
The Following User Likes This Post: