View Single Post

Old 10-06-2017, 03:53 PM

Liked 81 Times in 43 Posts

Like many out there. Hearing is not so good. Early years of Jet Engines in the Air Force then 40 years of shooting and noisy machine shops has left me asking "What" regularly.

Many years ago I did machining work for Gentex in NH. They were very early in the electronic ear protection products. They made "Wolf Ears" for the military at around $500.00 each. The engineer I worked with gave me a set and I still use them. They have a normal and amplified setting for listening and the loud noise cutout is excellent.

NRR is great, in the 30's I am sure, but they get in the way when bench shooting a rifle. Plus they wear on you during long hot days at the range.

I just got a set of Walker Razor XV Bluetooth electronic plugs. The plugs are on wires feeding out of a collar around the neck. The listening mode has good adjustment and Bluetooth can pick up Music or news off my Cell phone. Which is wonderful on the days I spend a few hours alone at the range. I have only used them with a .22 indoors so far and they were great. And were comfortable for hours at the shop.

With nothing big sticking out of the ear plug they aren't in the way of a good cheek rest on a rifle.

So far so good and I will be trying them out with big handguns next week for suppression. And all day comfort.

Larry
The Following 2 Users Like Post: