View Single Post

Old 10-06-2017, 09:06 PM

Liked 17,102 Times in 6,271 Posts
Default Private instruction - reasonable price?

CA requires training to obtain and refresher training to renew a concealed carry license. I teach these courses. I also have a family, a full time job and play bass on the church worship team. I make no effort to advertise and have a comfortable level of students. I limit the classes to 8, but only rarely have more than 5. I think it makes for a nice training environment.

I schedule classes once a month. But, every now and then, I have someone ask me for training out of cycle. Either they forgot about their renewal date and need a class right away or they just don't want to wait. I want people to have and keep their licenses so, I occasionally do classes for individuals or couples.

If I could, I would do the class for free, but I have my own expenses and I think my time is worth something. In the past I have not charged extra for these off schedule classes. However, I'm thinking it might be a good idea to charge extra. This will not only reduce the number of people asking for the class, it will make sure they keep the date.

Would you be willing to pay extra? If so, how much?