View Single Post

Old 10-07-2017, 03:06 AM

Liked 5,210 Times in 2,174 Posts

For the state-mandated course, I have a minimum class size of two, max of 10 (state requires max of 10 per licensed instructor present).
Therefore, I tell those who want the state course alone they should bring a friend, because the minimum charge covers 2 students, and most do.
Private instruction on whatever the student wants to cover is a flat $40 per hour. I don't like individual instruction usually, because having other people in a structured class like NRA Personal Protection Outside the Home focuses the student more on the course objectives and lets them compare themselves to the other students.

When I personally TAKE instruction, I want to take the regular class of whatever it is (and instructors usually take more classes than anyone else). I want the structured class with an appropriate number of students, so I can briefly rest and assess, and the class is well organized with recognizable objectives.

By the way, most Oklahoma licensed instructors I know have been forced to "pay in advance and no cancellations the day of the course rules." Maybe it's just here, but too many people just don't show up the class day they reserved, and expect to be rescheduled for free. Having 10 people make reservations and 2 show up for a class did it for me. I make allowances for real emergencies, but most admit they just got up that morning and "felt like doing something else."

Last edited by OKFC05; 10-07-2017 at 03:39 AM.
The Following 6 Users Like Post: