View Single Post

Old 10-07-2017, 09:32 PM

Liked 18,470 Times in 7,307 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark IV View Post
I've skipped quite a few of the most recent shows here, but for the last several shows I have been to, the only thing i seem to find is that I once again got suckered out of $10, to walk around and look at riduculous prices, and table after table of XD's and Glocks, or just plain junk.
Since I stumbled onto Armslist, and even better, TheOutdoorsTrader, I have almost no use for gunshows anymore. Ammo is cheaper and fresher at Sportsmanguide or Walmart. Accesories and parts are cheaper on Ebay. And, those greedy,hustling gunshow bandits have been alientating their customer base for years.
But, I have a couple things I might want to walk around a show and try to trade for ammo, so I did a search yesterday and found we'll have one here in 2 weeks. But, even though attendance on them has steadily dwindled, they're still charging a ridiculous $10 bucks to get in, and that doesn't even cover you for the next day !!
If I do go, I'm probably going to feel like an idiot for wasting the time and money, yet again.
(BTW, the above opinion is shared by virtually every gun owner I know.)
Ours are $7 for one day too, just like Les's. $10 will get you a 2-day pass.
I go to just about every one in my area. I find something worth buying about 2 times out of 3.

Even when I don't I get a couple of hours worth of exercise (walking around) and a couple of hours worth of entertainment (looking at guns and talking to other gun junkies). Not a bad deal for 7 bucks.

Besides, I don't want to see the gun shows end. That would be a victory for the anti-2nd Amendment crowd, who absolutely HATE the very idea of gun shows. It is worth spending a few bucks to help keep them going just for that reason alone.

I view the gun shows the same way as the drive-ins. They disappeared due to the mega-plex movie theaters being so much "better". Now that they are gone we all nostalgically wish the drive-ins were still around. If we don't support the gun shows they'll be gone too - and we'll wish they were still around.

Last edited by BC38; 10-07-2017 at 09:33 PM.
The Following 6 Users Like Post: