View Single Post

Old 10-09-2017, 10:43 AM

Liked 219 Times in 82 Posts

So...time to resurrect this thread. Seems Tennessee has amended their LEOSA policies. Now, they have decided that the “type” of firearm (auto or revolver) will suffice rather than having the firearm to be carried serial number specific. Yay!!
Still gonna charge a $10 service/processing fee to renew a LEOSA permit annually. Guess I can live with that. However....
The annual fingerprinting rule (at $40+ a year) is still on the books. Why?
Good question. Meeting last month with some people from Nashville who would know indicated it was because TBI (Tenn. Bureau of Investigation) were not too keen on giving Tennessee POST (Peace Officers Standards and Training) their own NCIC ternimal. No idea why..politics have a funny way of sneaking into such things. But many of us have met with State legislators and voiced our discontent over this issue. Hopefully it will change. For the time being, I don’t fret over it. Tennessee CCW permits are good in about 37 states last I checked. Plus, I requalified in another state with the agency for which I used to work. So, I’m good there. And..
I shot the Tennessee courses last week. That allows me to apply for renewal under TN auspices if I like. But for $40? I’ll pass for now.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: