View Single Post

Old 10-10-2017, 04:36 PM

Liked 17 Times in 6 Posts
Default Got my new M&P 9mm 2.0C today

Hi all,

I picked up my new 2.0C today. I have to echo pretty much all that I've been reading about this weapon. I am very impressed with the feel of the weapon in contrast to my Glocks and Sigs. I decided to buy it as soon as I held it, because it is frankly, the best fitting handgun I own next to my Sig TacOps .40 duty weapon (with the Hogue Grips installed).

It was initially fitted with the medium backstrap, and after trying the small, that size fit even more perfectly for me. It's almost as if they designed the grips around my hand. I cannot wait to go shoot it and get a feel for it in that arena. I'm very used to the Glock triggers, and this is very similar, with a slightly better reset feel than the Glocks. It's about the most naturally pointing handgun I've ever owned.

I was torn between the 9mm and the 40, because I love both calibers, but overall, the 9mm is more practical for me since the practice ammo is so much cheaper and readily available. I doubt that the duty load I'm authorized to carry will be deficient in any way as a fight stopper. I most certainly don't want to get hit with it.

I'm very pleased to see S&W build something that has this level of ergonomics, and it seems to be a relatively bulletproof design. As a small bonus, it fits like a glove in my favorite Glock leather OWB holster, to a point that I probably won't need to buy a new one.

All we need now is a supply of extra 15 round magazines, which seem to be non-existent at the moment. I usually only carry one extra mag in the off-duty mode, so I'll be good for a while. I'm going to shoot it for accuracy and combat application as soon as I can, but everything I've read so far seems to put it in a dead heat with the Glock 19.

So far, without even being shot yet, I am very impressed. Just my opinions on a very nice new weapon.
The Following User Likes This Post: