View Single Post

Old 10-11-2017, 08:01 AM

Liked 9,470 Times in 4,391 Posts

This is one of the major problems I have with modern disposable plastic wonder guns. Planned obsolescence. Actually, more like accelerated obsolescence. Not necessarily in the meaning of them no longer working or being worn out... but just that it is so easy to make changes in injection molded plastic and stamped metal that it almost becomes necessary for marketing purposes alone so you don't get left behind. If the competition is changing, you must change too or get left behind and watch sales suffer.

Yes, I know it's a different world today. Things happen fast. There is always an "improvement" (or at least a "change") to be made. Take a look at the smartphone industry to see how quickly what you bought today will be obsolete tomorrow. My old Shields are worth practically nothing now just because new ones are on the way! "Old" ones have been blown out with huge rebates to make room for the new (which will themselves be blown out with rebates someday before ya know it).

And yes, I am old and living in the past... a traditionalist. One nice thing about all-metal guns: You don't have to worry so much about them going obsolete on you tomorrow... since them young whippersnapper folks already think they are obsolete today!