View Single Post

Old 10-11-2017, 09:38 AM

Liked 3,497 Times in 1,486 Posts

I know how you feel, but most manufacturers won't take a new gun back for very minor cosmetic flaws. Way back when, I bought my first model 66 for duty. It came with the cylinder machined slightly lopsided. This was when there were a lot of QC problems at S&W. Others officers I knew who bought new 66's also had problems. Instead of sending the revolver back, once I had clearly identified the problem, I decided that I could alleviate the problem with patience, a good eye, steady hand, vernier caliber and 1" file. I solved the problem on my own. That revolver served me well for many years, enabling me to qualify and win or place in duty matches. I've never been a collector or owned any collectable guns, so I don't worry about minor flaws. I know that there are a lot of folks on here who do buy guns as collectors and many who don't, spend a lot of money and time to dress up their guns and accessorize. The Shield is a pretty plain Jane inexpensive plastic pistol designed for self defense. If I were you, I'd just shoot the snot out of it, get proficient and pack it. That being said, I'm not you, so if every time you look at that pistol, you grind your teeth, attempt to get satisfaction from S&W or sell it and get one without any flaws.