Thread: Model 61, 22 Lr
View Single Post

Old 10-11-2017, 02:09 PM

Liked 16 Times in 11 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BC38 View Post
I have one of the last engineering change (61-3).
I haven't figured out why they quit making them - unless the first two iterations (61-1 & 61-2) were a lot worse than the last version - and by the time they got it right the gun had a bad reputation and wouldn't sell. I know that kind of thing happened a lot with American products in the 70's and 80's.

Mine took a little tweaking of the magazines to get it to work 100%, but with the original magazine it has functioned at least as well as any of my other 22 semi-autos, and better than some. It cycles reliably and doesn't seem to be any pickier about ammo brands & bullet weights/types than any other semi-auto 22.

Maybe I just got lucky and got an exceptional one....
Sorry new to forum just learning how this works. Mine is a 61-2 and it does not have a drop free magazine when empty. You have to turn it upside down hold the release button back and pull the mag out with other hand, hence my comment on needing 3 hands. It shoots any brand of ammo fine and is as accurate is you can expect from a 2 inch barrel, just hard to get mag out of gun. Does your -3 model drop the empty mag free?