View Single Post

Old 10-11-2017, 04:43 PM

Liked 3,465 Times in 917 Posts
Default 44 mag Dan Wesson range report

Finally picked up my Dan Wesson today. Took her to the range with some nice 44 mags I reloaded with 240 grain xtp and a boatload of Lil gun powder. Had to take a few breaks while adjusting rear sight down due to the powder I use heats it up pretty good after a cylinder. Ended up putting rear sight down as low as it would go to make it shoot still poi about an inch higher than poa. Sure is a nice shooting gun though. It is a very heavy revolver for a 4 inch barrel. Cleaned pretty nice and put some clear coat on wooden grips to "fix some scratches. I'm not home right now but soon I will get home and put up a few pictures of her all cleaned up. I took barrel nut off but the shroud did not budge over the ported barrel. Could be years of grime between the two and tried for a little while but don't want to break the shroud position pin to get it off. This gun has been carried, so I put a little perma blue on the rash marks and made them at least a little less noticeable mostly all on right side. Some marks add character as these revolvers were meant for heavy duty shooting. The cylinder notches are about twice as long as a S&W cylinder notch. The stop is huge too and further to the right and cylinder rotates clockwise like a Colt.
The Following User Likes This Post: