View Single Post

Old 10-11-2017, 05:30 PM

Liked 113 Times in 66 Posts

Some interesting points. I'm surprised by the too much light comments. Short of 1000s of lumens light is a good thing. Yes gunsmoke makes it foggy, yes light reflects, but who is getting into high round count indoor battles? Pat rogers said after testing and running night classes that there's almost no such thing as too much light.

As always one has to try it and train w it before you'll know. And it's easy to add options like light/laser/ red dot, but they all add some degree of complexity. Remember that time to action is inversely proportional to number of options in most cases. 'tis hard enough to stay proficient so I think hard about anything which will add complexity.

Personally I like a light, both wml and handheld, as they do totally different jobs in my mind. But if there's a bump in the night at my home I have no need of a handheld. Anything thing I need to look at can be seen in the light spill from a wml, then have the gun pointed at it as needed.

The only lasers that make any sense to me are the crimsontrace type that don't require seperate activation, for the typical civilian.

Last edited by cleans up; 10-11-2017 at 05:32 PM. Reason: Laser info