View Single Post

Old 10-12-2017, 02:33 AM

Liked 705 Times in 99 Posts
Default My 627 returns from the factory. The final chapter.

Whelp, this saga comes to an "okay" ending.

This is the gun that has been sent back 3 times after I purchased it in June.

My requests for information on what was done to repair the gun were ignored, I have received no further responses or correspondence of any kind from customer service since being told "its done should be ready next week" 2 weeks prior to getting it back. When the gun arrived, it was devoid of the letter that states what was done to it (as I had been given the last two times) it was devoid of the paper showing it was test fired. Literally just had a shipping invoice in it. Cool....

So, upon inspection, the finish is pretty much flawless. No more factory provided scratches, no nicks or dings from tools used in repairs that were previously present.

Barrel appears straight, sight appears straight and solid and centered mostly.

timing is good, lockup is good, trigger feels fine except the over travel stop still allows over 1/16th inch of over travel. That matters not to me however.

Grips fit.

Crown looks good.

The sharp finish on the hammer has still never been addressed I. Three trips back. That’s fine I fixed it.

The only disappointment is that they didn't touch the barrel forcing cone/rifling. They have essentially refused to comment on that, and have ignored every request I have made for input on it, whether it IS an issue or whether I'm being ridiculous. They literally will not comment on the condition of the forcing cone and burrs in the rifling. They won’t tell me it’s an issue and they won’t tell me it’s a non issue.

Anyway, its back to me. Looks good, feels good, if it had come this way from the factory I'd have been fine with it, even with these only two minor issues... but unfortunately it took three return trips and 5 months to come to me the way it should have come on day one and it’s still not $1000 perfect. I give it a 9.5/10.

I'll shoot it and see if I wanna keep it. If it performs and the damn sight doesn’t fall off maybe I can learn to love it as I originally intended.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: