Thread: Hi from CT
View Single Post

Old 10-12-2017, 03:32 AM

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Hi from CT

Hi all,
As you might have guessed, my name is Scott and I'm from CT. I'm a social worker and volunteer as a sexual assault crisis counselor. I carry whenever I'm not at work, and shoot every weekend at a free public range. I'm not a great shot, but Im slowly getting better and it's a lot of fun. I know a lot of people in my line of work who have been followed home and/or attacked. I'd like to avoid that but also be able to defend myself if necessary.
I bought a Model 60-15 about 2 years ago when I started volunteering. It was my first firearm. Like most people, when I first got my permit I had no clue what to look for in a gun. My grandfather recommended a J frame, but I had been leaning towards semi automatic. The police officer who ran the background check recommended I get a wheel gun, which swayed me to get it.
It took some setting up (3 grips, 3 holsters, some sight paint, and countless dry fires), but now I honestly don't think I could have done better for a first purchase. I've seen a lot of people disappointed with their first gun, but for me at least this thing is perfect.
I joined the forum because it kept popping up when I googled things, and the people responding to posts always seemed very friendly and knowledgeable. Thanks for reading!
The Following User Likes This Post: