View Single Post

Old 10-12-2017, 07:55 AM

Liked 25,740 Times in 8,697 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ernels84 View Post
Was reassembling it and between eyeblinks, the hand spring evaporated into the air. After 20 minutes of playing crawl across the shop, I am pretty sure it's gone forever.

I need to replace the handspring, obviously. Will a new flat Model 10 handspring work? Or will I need to get a factory original from Numrich?
I don't have the exact Hand Ejector Model you are asking about (mine is 1905 - 4th or 5th chg.) so I am not able to answer intelligently. What I might suggest (if you can not find a proper one meant for that model) is to TRY the one for the M10 and see if it indeed works. You might even be able to modify it if it's close.

PS: I know where your spring is......... It's in the same place my Colt National Match Gold Cup Series 70 Sear Disconnector Spring is. I've launched two of them over the years (spring is a miniature 1/16" x 3/8" little bugger) and I've never found either one. Thankfully I have a few extra. Good luck!

PS #2: I have found other small screws and parts by sweeping the floor thoroughly with a very fine brush broom and looking through the sweepings. Worth a shot ......

Last edited by chief38; 10-12-2017 at 07:57 AM.