View Single Post

Old 10-12-2017, 06:32 PM

Liked 597 Times in 332 Posts

I recently acquired my 52-2 and have been reloading for it using Hornady HBWC's. These loaded rounds when properly set and crimped work very well. I would suggest though that you load up a limited amount and make sure they feed before settling in to load up a bunch. Bullseye at 2.7-2.8 seems to do a great job, it doesn't take much to cycle the slide and you will feel the difference in 1/10 of grain in charges, you will notice where it ejects your brass too. Also for me HP38 @ 3.1-3.2gr has worked fine. I shoot indoors and the Hornady bullets with these produce little to no smoke so a nice indoor range load.

I also have shot Berrys plated DEWC's with good results flush set.
Put enough 'roll' on the crimp to eliminate a leading edge on the case that can catch when it feeds. Make sure to seat flush or just a smidge under then roll crimp.
Hope you find your 52 soon, they are addictive to shoot and have such a great feel to them, you are not pushing the gun hard to shoot it well, you can almost feel the shot leave, the slide cycle back and reset for the next deliberate shot................very unique
Karl