View Single Post

Old 10-13-2017, 08:28 AM

Liked 85 Times in 32 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pisgah View Post
Just a suggestion, but -- this reminds me of the time a friend bought a really nice used 29-2 4". It wore a set of magna grips and a Tyler T-grip -- my favorite set-up for an N-frame -- but he said before he even shot it that it felt too small for his hands.

The first time he shot it his shots were so far left that, like you, he had to move the rear sight to the extreme right to get his shots centered. He called me upset about it, and the next day we went out shooting together. I took a turn shooting the gun -- only to find that for me, with the sights adjusted far-right, it shot far to the right. I suggested a more hand-filling grip, he bought a set of Pachmayr Presentations, and suddenly his problem went away.

It may need to go back to S&W, but I'd have someone else try it first.
Great suggestion on grips!

I commissioned Herret’s to make a set of custom grips for my other 500’s. Those indeed fill my hand - perfectly. This pistol is intended to be more of a camping companion, and I’d like to use the stock Hogues.

Others shot the pistol, and we all had the same experiences. Some with tighter groups than others.