View Single Post

Old 10-13-2017, 12:43 PM

Liked 8 Times in 3 Posts
Default Appendix carry

Everyone has an opinion on this style of carry. I make holsters and depending on physical makeup and type of gun you carry, this may or may not be the way to go. First off,if you decide to carry this way, I tell my customers have a pair of pants or whatever outerwear you will be using to be one size larger for comfort and fit. I use extra strong spring clips and for the width belt to be used. "j" clips are good too. For the ladies, with a "good" hand fit holster for the gun the spring clips will work 99% of time. This carry is comfortable and easy to access if seated, in a car, kneeling,etc. Pretty easy to defend against a grab also(some I put a thumb break on too). Safety is a concern of course, so a revolver(DA) or a semi auto with first shot DA capability or DA only recommended. Semi's with a thumb safety (SA) only for gun people only suggested. Leather most comfortable and good quality and covers trigger completely. Kydex or similar materials can be uncomfortable. Folks that are heavy or obese not recommended for this carry my opinion, everyone has one. I have seen this carry for full size as well as sub compact autos and revolvers. Hammerless always better, less for something to snag on. Beats pocket carry for sure. Depends on person. Semi will lay flatter of course and more comfort and less profile. Don't go cheap, you get what you pay for. Stay away from junk and nylon holsters. Hope this helps