View Single Post

Old 10-13-2017, 05:32 PM

Liked 14,740 Times in 5,023 Posts

645 and 745 are production guns. They are fine guns, we all love 'em, I have two 745's myself and am a huge fan of this model, I love them a heap for a lot of reasons. But they are guns put together with minimal fitting from huge lots of parts. As such, they are nothing whatsoever like PC pistols.

PC pistols all start as oversized bloated forgings and slides and frames are matched up as a unit before the frame rails are even cut. The pieces barely fit together and are honed slowly by hand until their fit with each other is, well, ridiculous and inspiring. Drawing the slide back on a 645,745, 4506 or 5906/3913/915 or any of those production guns is a solid feel and a fantastic working, reliable and enjoyable handgun.

But when you draw the slide back on an 845, 945, 952 or the PC "Shorty" guns, you will experience a BIG difference. In a S&W, the only thing that feels similar is a Model 52.

And that slide to frame fit is merely the FIRST thing you notice of many things that set PC pistols apart.

Some folks may not easily see & feel what we see and feel. No shame... not all will appreciate what they bring. In those cases, for those folks, it isn't money well spent.
The Following 3 Users Like Post: