View Single Post

Old 10-14-2017, 07:50 AM

Liked 25,735 Times in 8,695 Posts

UPDATE 10/14/2017:

Yesterday I went out to the Range and tried the two new S&W M41 magazines and the results were ..........

#1) Worked well just as they should have to begin with.

#2) Did not feed more than 1 round without jamming. When I worked on them initially ,it was to get them to seat and drop, I did not really pay much attention to the feed lips of the magazines. This second one had it's feed lips to close together and were also very rough. Since I did not have the proper tools with me at the Range, when I got home I filed and sanded the Feed Lips into their proper shape and removed all burrs. It seems to be smooth now and we'll see if this magazine works properly next time I head out.

This is really a joke! No one should have to mess with a Model 41 magazine for so long just to get it to function. I did call the Factory on Thursday but I am not holding my breath for them to do much about it. I suppose we'll find out here on the Forum when others post problems or not.......

PS: Just in case someone asks WHY I did not send the magazines back to Smith I will address that by saying I was afraid they would just send me the same junky ones I already have - so I figured I'd just fix them myself. Hopefully I now have.

Last edited by chief38; 10-14-2017 at 07:53 AM.