View Single Post

Old 10-16-2017, 05:52 PM

Liked 1,180 Times in 491 Posts

Thanks for the help everyone. Sincerely appreciate the advice and the donation from Karl (I'll decline the offer but the gesture shows me the kind of people we have here!).

I'll go over the dosing next Tuesday during our first appointment but I picked up the information today. It looks like for the first several weeks it's going to be a solution with the protein mixed in. Very diluted according to the chart. It's in ml so maybe that part will be in a syringe until the larger pieces will be introduced and the larger pieces weighed.

Anyway I'm mostly worried about the reliability of the scale since I've had 2 $75 digital ones just up and die quickly in the past. Since my old Lyman d5 is no longer together I'll just shop around for another used beam scale and use that as a back up.

I do have check weights and a 20 gram calibration weight but I think this digital one uses 100 GRAM to calibrate. The nickels and pennies idea is great. I can verify on the beam when I get it.

You guys are the best! When we found out he was allergic at 2 years old. I gave him a couple peanuts. He vomited and started having strange breathing. He had this blank look on his face and wasn't responding to us talking to him. It was the scariest thing that has ever happened to me. Never felt so helpless and had me shaken up badly because I could have killed my son. There are many others out there with much worse going on and I feel for them, but wow...this really shook me up.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0532.jpg (172.8 KB, 40 views)

Last edited by Boogsawaste; 10-16-2017 at 05:57 PM.