View Single Post

Old 10-18-2017, 06:43 AM

Liked 25,708 Times in 8,687 Posts

This is exactly why I have decided NOT to use chemicals and products on guns that are not designed for the purpose at hand. While there are many products that will work fine even though not exactly intended for use on firearms - one forgetful move or one slip - a part, accessory or accoutrement is ruined.

That is also WHY I have continued using the Rig #2 Oil I always go-on about. While there may be better individual Lubes, Solvents and Protectors, I have never found a better "all-in-one" product that will NOT harms any metal, plating, wood, plastic, Polymer, leather, or any material found on a firearm. There's a LOT to be said about that!

I ALWAYS clean my guns properly after a Range session and because of that procedure they never get to the point where I need a super duty solvent on them.

When a situation arises and I get a new to me gun that needs a bit more attention I will use something stronger but always make sure the product being used won't harm the materials it is going to come in contact with or if necessary - I'll remove or disassemble that specific susceptible part. I did learn the hard way a long time ago and have made sure never to repeat that ....