View Single Post

Old 10-22-2017, 05:32 PM
SWCA Member
Absent Comrade

Liked 4,671 Times in 1,606 Posts
Default New Model 3 - Ship dates by SN index

I need everyone's help to further some research by EMAILING me data on New Model 3s. All except Japanese and Turkish contracts, 38 Winchester, 32-44 Target and .38.44 Targets (unless SN is higher than 4333 as I have seen a few in the 32xxx range or if ship date is after 1898) and Frontier (44-40s).

The Japanese contract guns are well documented so I don't need those. The others mentioned above have their own SN range so I don't need those with the exception of higher SN ranges and post 1898 ship dates as described above.

Please supply data as follows:

> Serial Number:
> Serial numbers match on all parts ? (butt, face of cylinder, clasp, and barrel number located in the recessed area of the rear upper frame visible with the latch lifted all the way up. You may need a Q-tip to clean the recess.
> Any odd or other markings on the exterior and on the grip frame, under the grips (stock) e.g. refurbish date etc.
> Sights ? Target sights(and if so what type) or standard service sights; Any special / optional sights, e.g. lyman etc.
> Rebounding or Non-Rebounding hammer
> Caliber (.44 S&W Russian, .45 S&W Schofield, 450 & 455 British, etc.)
> Barrel Length: (if barrel has been cut please indicate)
> Finish (blue, nickel or other custom finish)
> Approximate current condition (state % if original or refinished etc.)
> Ship Date (state whether from letter or ship date request) and
> Shipped to where (if lettered)

If it has any special attributes, please define those attributes.
If cut for an extension stock, please state whether factory cut for stock or if cut for aftermarket stock.

Please EMAIL me the details. This way if you don't want to post your serial number linked to you on forum, I will just do the entire SN with no name to keep a personal research record to share with whomever helps or post it, with your permission but with no names.

If we all supply this data we may learn something new and all share in the research.

Last edited by model3sw; 03-04-2020 at 10:26 AM. Reason: Revsion