Thread: $30 gun belt?
View Single Post

Old 10-26-2017, 12:46 AM

Liked 148 Times in 40 Posts

Interesting single layer strap belt. No doubt that it is as thick as they claim and as others have stated already, however, it is a single layer strap belt. I've seen them before at many shows and many places that sell real leather belts. My point of curiosity is to what those that bought them have first hand experienced in the belt in a top to bottom pressure point is the leather that stiff? If you try to "pinch" the belt from top edge to bottom edge does it give, i.e. if you grab it like you are giving it a hand-shake does it give? The reason for dual layer belts being glued and stitched together it to provide natural resistance and stability against collapsing from top edge to bottom edge. This is what provides a stable platform for your holster. A certain maker even beveled his belts from centerline out to the edge to provide an even more natural physics against a collapse of edge to edge. Curious as to what those that have bought these single layer strap belts have experienced in this. Feedback?