View Single Post

Old 11-05-2017, 06:18 PM
US Veteran

Liked 33,848 Times in 5,284 Posts

This never-ending thread needs some more pictures.

Here's my only .25 at the moment. I've had a couple of Berettas and one lowly Raven. This is an FN, the same gun as made by Colt and sold as the Vest Pocket Pistol.

Even with the tiny sights, it will still hold a decent group at ten yards or so.

When I was in New Orleans, two cops were killed in less than 24 hours, each by a single round of .25 ACP. Joey Thomas was my then-partner's former partner, so I knew him a little. He was on a drug raid and took the round just over his body armor. The boys shot the guy to shreds, then Joey said - Hey, he hit me. He died in the ambulance.

Detective Joseph C. Thomas, New Orleans Police Department, Louisiana

The other was a newer guy I didn't know. He responded to a prowler call and opened the door to a back yard shed and was shot by a nutcase. At that time, NOPD didn't issue vests, and he was saving up to buy one. He had a bunch of kids, and NOPD didn't (and still doesn't) pay well, so he hadn't gotten his yet. He died almost instantly, and never got a shot off in return. The bad guy shot a police dog, but somehow survived his arrest experience. I did this officer's Public Safety Officer Benefit's package for his family. At the time the DOJ required the FBI to do the submission to ensure the case met the requirements.

Police Officer Chris D. McCormick, Sr., New Orleans Police Department, Louisiana

Two .25 ACP bullets, two dead cops. As Doug Marcaida would say, it will keel......

Last edited by sigp220.45; 11-05-2017 at 06:22 PM.
The Following User Likes This Post: