View Single Post

Old 11-15-2017, 09:48 PM

Liked 1,284 Times in 694 Posts

Been busy the past few months and changes in my personal life as well. Regardless, I ended up buying another Pro 1000 in 38 Special. I now have a Pro 1000 for each of my handgun calibers. Haven't spent much time in the reloading room, but the past few evenings, I've spent setting up the 38 Special press. Tonight, once adjusted, I set up to load my first 50 rounds. W-W nickel cases, Winchester small pistol primers, 3.2 grs. Bullseye and 158 gr. cast LSWC. First 10 rounds were loaded 5 at a time, to make sure everything was okay. I then loaded 10 cases in each of the case feeder tubes and loaded 10 rounds at a time. Checking each 10 rounds for any problems/issues. In short order, I had 50 rounds completed with no issues.

I have 450 of the LSWC's left, and will load them in an upcoming session (or two). Will report how the press does and any issues. So far, I'm 3 for 3; but still have the 45 auto to set up and get running. I have shot more the past few weeks, but mainly because I know the weather will start getting colder (and snowy) here in Indiana. Guess when the weather gets bad, I can put the Pro 1000's to good use LOL :-)
The Following User Likes This Post: