View Single Post

Old 11-22-2017, 11:31 AM

Liked 4,294 Times in 1,610 Posts

Good assessment based on my experience. I had a pair of Pro 1000's running for quite some time. They served me well and paid for themselves in no time. Biggest issues I had was finicky primer feeds. (Hence the pair of them so I could leave one each set up in small and large feeds AND LEAVE THEM BE:-) I did have the usual occasional issues with mis-fed cases , partial primer seating, chain breakages, etc. My biggest concern was that there was just too much going on at one time so I would miss a "not perfect" round in the cycle now and then. ( No more than with the Dillon Square Deal I owned previous, BTW) Eventually, I sold them off and went with a pair of Classic Turrets. They run a little slower but give this old guy more control and feedback. They also work better for my frequent load development tasks where short runs of test batches and /or quick changeovers are the norm.

ps. I bought a Lee Load master a few years back out of curiosity (and mainly because it was 1/2 price.) Never did get that one to run worth a damn!

Thanks for sharing!

Last edited by Wee Hooker; 11-22-2017 at 11:36 AM.