View Single Post

Old 11-23-2017, 05:50 PM
SWCA Member

Liked 2,180 Times in 645 Posts

Well, its the way it is and really makes sense. Over 25 years ago I did a project and LAPD had only about 250 or 275 officers still qualifying with the revolver, and the majority of them carried a semi auto they just qualified with the revolver , because they were shooting the Bonus course or they were non gun or non field types who hadn't bothered to go to Semi Auto school.
Officers coming on after 6 or 9 of 1989 cant carry a revolver for a primary duty weapon. And the only training received is during the back-up gun portion of their academy firearms training. I think now even that is semi auto with a very brief exposure to revolvers. So eventually attrition will cover it.
Also save the Dept money on ammo, or at least the need to stock revolver ammo. And as we know their is not much support getting revolvers repaired or especially parts for older models by S/W.
I'm a revolver guy, and I love my revolvers, and they shoot good, But they are way inferior to semi autos as a duty type weapon.Even as a every day carry, I carry a S/A.
Not just the ammo count but, in ease of reloading in combat situations, night sights, light attachments etc. Like cell phones versus the callbox its just the change..Happy Thanksgiving.. Bob

Last edited by CALREB; 11-23-2017 at 05:52 PM.
The Following 9 Users Like Post: