View Single Post

Old 11-23-2017, 09:19 PM

Liked 1,284 Times in 694 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 50150me View Post
WATCH FOR SQUIBB ROUNDS WITH THE LEE loader. Every time you get a primer jammed up and have to stop and redo every thing, the odds of something going wrong will go up. After a few years of having primer problems, I got a Dillon press and have never looked back
Once I have an issue, I clear the shell plate, make the necessary adjustment and then re-start. I leave nothing to chance.

Tonight, after spending the afternoon with my mom; I set up to load the last 104 rounds of my 500 rounds of 38 special/158 gr. LSWC's. Tonight, 2 stoppages-something that had not happened in the previous 400 rounds. No primer from the chute; noticed that they were not feeding from the tray. This has not been an issue with any of the 3 Pro 1000's-till tonight Each of them has the newer triangular shaped tray, and until tonight, there has been no feeding issues. Once I gave it a few taps, everything was fine.

So, in 504 rounds-5 stoppages. Avg. of 1 stoppage per 100 rounds. Okay for first use and set up, for me anyway. Figured I'd tell the good and the bad, no matter what it was. I don't "sugar coat" anything, that way there is no BS
The Following User Likes This Post: