View Single Post

Old 12-07-2017, 09:55 AM

Liked 5,794 Times in 1,452 Posts
Default Repurposing Old World War 2 Lead

Considering the date today and I really think this is cool so I thought I would share...

So my friends family owns a ranch up here. It used to be the old B17 ground to ground gunnery range:

Kingman Ground-to-Ground Gunnery Range

Over the years they have pulled boatloads of lead out of the ground and hills. The family or hands have melted it into rough ingots and it has been sitting.

My friend heard me talking about reloading so he told me I can have it. I have used it for many things from .490 musket balls to everything and anything for my wheelguns.

Even some 147grainers for my competition glock.

It usually comes to me like this:

Then I melt it down, clean it and use my lyman mold to make clean blocks

After that it becomes what I need. In this case 148gr wadcutters

So I am using lead originally used by our greatest generation to prepare for the war in Europe and the Pacific.

I thought that was pretty cool, and appropriate to post today. When I go out to shoot these, I always remember the brave men and women that fought in the big war and all the sacrifices they made to ensure our way of life that sometimes is taken for granted.

Last edited by eb07; 12-07-2017 at 09:59 AM.
The Following 100 Users Like Post:
2152hq, 27 Man, 29aholic, 2ffat, 4barrel, 6518John, 91B40, alaskavett, AlHunt, andy52, armenius, azjohn, BE Mike, Bib, bmcgilvray, Boogsawaste, Breakaway500, Bugkiller99, Chuck24, Collects, Culina, damienph, daniel lawecki, Dave.357, Davwingman, delta-419, desi2358, df06, dodgecharger, dr. mordo, Engineer1911, epj, federali, Fishslayer, g8rb8, GB, Goblin, gunnails, HKSmith, Ivan the Butcher, jake1945, JBnTx, Jessie, jhnttrpp, jimbo728, jinx, K Frame Keith, Krogen, les.b, Maddog 521, MAJPATT, medic15al, mg357, Mike, SC Hunter, moosedog, mtgianni, muddocktor, Nevada Ed, old pipefitter, Old Seabee, old tanker, Old_Cop, Ole Joe Clark, oneounceload, PALADIN85020, Papabear1324, perryhd, pjames32, planojack, pmanton, popadopa, R.J. in Phoenix, RGVshooter, Richard Simmons, Rule3, rwsmith, scattershot, Scuba16, SLT223, SMSgt, Snapping Twig, StakeOut, stan v, Steve K, SteveA, stykshooter, sunnyd, sureshotbob, SVT28, T. McIntyre, Tadeus67, TAROMAN, Titan Tom, TomkinsSP, tops, Trooperdan, VaTom, VimyJimy, Wee Hooker, Will2