View Single Post

Old 12-12-2017, 08:38 PM
US Veteran

Liked 2,548 Times in 653 Posts

Personally, I am opposed to changing an EDC from season to season or ocassion to ocassion. I suppose it is my military background where the philosophy was to train with your assigned weapon until you could use by rote and maintain maximum accuracy and efficiency. We believe that proficiency is based upon ultimate familiarity, which is based upon spending a lot of time together and working together.

As my hand arthritis progressed I went from 45 to 9 to 380. My edc is a RM380. It is my partner now after nine months. I am confident that I can reliably take out an opponent at 15 yards with it. So why would I change. The more I use the gun the better I become with it. Isn’t that what we want?

At the risk of offending some folks which is not my intention EDC guns are not toys. It is OK to have many guns like children have many toys. Guns are fun. Self defense is not fun. It is matter or life and death. For me the way to deal with that fact is to be achieve maximum efficiency with the the gun I will use if I have to defend myself. My EDC gun is part of me and I am part of it.

Last edited by richardw; 12-12-2017 at 10:29 PM.
The Following 23 Users Like Post: