View Single Post

Old 12-28-2017, 01:40 PM

Liked 17,200 Times in 7,303 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryS View Post
From what I've seen of the P239, it's heavier with a thicker grip than the 3913. It's frame mounted decocker is the only thing that is attractive to me and that's only because S&W never made it in the 39xx compacts.

Depending on price, I'd be tempted to buy a XD-E, provided it ever gets on the MA approved roster. The XDS, which is on the roster goes for around $400.00 plus tax.
If you're bored one day and have a chance to do it take 3 or 4 different G19 size guns and compare them to the 239. Put them side by side, stack them.... whatever you can do, do! No guns are completely identical but the 239 is right there with the CZ P10C, CZ P07, G19, SW MP compact (new one).

I looked into one because I spotted a nice used one at my LGS for under $400 in 9mm (mostly see 40sw). It didn't feel bad, I was able to get all my fingers around the grip. Grip was a little too thin for my taste but nothing horrible. Noticably heavier of course. The weight kinda put me off a little so I laid it down on the counter, the CZ P07 was right underneath on the top shelf. I was like...wait a minute....it looks like same size. So I asked to see that one, then I asked to see a G19. Sure enough they were all the same size. That's when I lost what interest i still had in it

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk